Paas - compute

satish
Hì Erman,

We have paas environment with below items for apex. Question is regarding compute systems. Can we create multiple vm's without exceeding 8 cpu amd 80 GB Ram?

Or will there be any restriction in creating number of vm's.

--> Compute Systems

Virtual Machine (VM.Standard3.Flex)

1) "Compute - Standard - X9 - OCPU (OCPU Per Hour) Capacity Type: On-Demand"---->8 OCPU

2) "Compute - Standard - X9 - Memory (Gigabyte Per Hour) Capacity Type: On-Demand"------->80 GB RAM

-> DB Systems

3) Oracle Base Database Service - Enterprise
(OCPU Per Hour): DEV Database------>2 OCPU and 48 GB Ram

4) Oracle Base Database Service - Enterprise
(OCPU Per Hour): PROD
Database--->3 OCPU and 48 GB

Thanks,
SG

Re: Paas - compute

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Yes, you can create multiple VMs on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
You can create multiple VMs as long as the resources you will use are less than or equal to the sum of the CPU and memory you have left from using other cloud resources.

I may not fully understand your question bytheway.. Please revise your question, if you are not satisfied with the answer.

Re: Paas - compute

satish
Hi erman,

I should have been more clear.

In paas oci quotation, we have compute  (VM.Standard3.Flex) with 8 ocpu and 80gb ram. We also have database base service.

With compute,can we create 4 vms with 2 cpu each,which sums up to 8 ocpus which is given in quotation.

Or will there be any restriction in creating number of vms?

Pls share your expertise.

Thanks
SG

Re: Paas - compute

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
I hope I understand you correctly.. If so;

Yes, with a compute instance offering 8 OCPU (Oracle CPU Units) in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), you can create 4 VMs (Virtual Machines) with 2 CPUs each. This aligns perfectly with the 8 OCPU allocation in your quotation.

Explore OCI Documentation:

Compute Shapes: https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/Compute/References/computeshapes.htm provides details on available VM shapes and their resource configurations.