Restore backup after crash r12.2

satish
Dear erman,

We have restored our uat database as part of our testing.Do we need to do anything on application side?

Login page takes time to login..it is very slow after database restore.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Restore backup after crash r12.2

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Restored to where?  I think to a new server?
What did you do in the application side. Give me the details..
If you did everything right, this must be investigated... The problem might be the database , but it might be the apps tier as well.. Check the db performance, anything weird there? Check the sessions... During login, check the db side for the active sessions and try to see if they are waiting for some db resource and try to see the time taking SQL there.. Check the Oacore logs and see if there are any error preventing you from fast login..
What is changed in this env? You restored the db, but what is changed? What was the source of this restore / clone ? Did you do your purging activities? Does this problem appear for some users, all do all users (including SYSADMIN) face this slow login problem?  Do you have OAM - OID integrated in your login mechanism? Any custom code during login flow? so.. as you see there are details required for fixing these kinds of issues.

Here are some notes for you, just to give you the general idea ->

Troubleshooting Oracle Applications Performance Issues (Doc ID 169935.1)
A Holistic Approach to Performance Tuning Oracle Applications Systems (Doc ID 69565.1)
Oracle E-Business Suite Recommended Performance Patches (Doc ID 244040.1)
Note.362851.1 - How Can I Diagnose Poor E-Business Suite Performance?