Oracle RAC and PCP in R12.2

mi_singh@hotmail.com
We have a 3 node RAC (12.1.0.2) and 3 nodes for application tier. Both concurrent processing and application services run on application tiers. Application version is 12.2.7.

We've defined database services for node-affinity to reduce the block shipping across the interconnect. We've defined 3 services for concurrent processing(cp1,cp2 and cp3) and 3 services for application (ap1,ap2 and ap3). cp1 and ap1 run on application node 1 and connect to RAC instance 1.

It seems Oracle document "Configuring and Managing Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.x Forms and Concurrent Processing for Oracle RAC (Doc ID 2029173.1)" is not written for scenario where concurrent processing and application services are running on the same node.

Can you help clarify the following?

1. Do we need to create ap1.dbc file and set service_name to ap1 or we can just update <database>.dbc for service_name to ap1?
2. Do we need to create dbc file for concurrent processing?
3. what service_name should be used in s_apps_jdbc_connect_descriptor?

Thanks

Re: Oracle RAC and PCP in R12.2

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Hi,

I guess you already did all the srvtcl-related cluster registrations, tns-ifiles, TNS entries and listener(including scan) configuration for supporting these services architecture.. So you just need to tell EBS to use them.
Concurrent manager uses the TNS_ALIAS defined for them. They use s_cp_two task for their connections.
The other application components use TNS_ALIAS, dbc and APPS_JDBC_URL (present in the context file as well).. so you will just the necessary configuration changes according to your connection requirements and that's it..

Re: Oracle RAC and PCP in R12.2

mi_singh@hotmail.com
Thanks so much.