IREC setup withing DMZ

akhan
Hi Arslan,

Kindly need your advise and suggestion.
We have two business groups who are accessing one internal application  for their business operations.

ex: https://erp.xxx.com/OA_HTML/AppsLocalLogin.jsp

BG1 : xyz.com
BG2 : abc.com

Now these Business groups want to have their saperate irec node for careers.

So, we already configured external irec node for BG1 which is connecting to internal application through DMZ setup using reverse proxy.

Below is our architecture.

n user—-internet—-LB——DMZ RP——Ext Irec node——internal node

This is how the flow is within the configuration, if n user hits request from internet, request first land to Loadbalancer then from LB to DMZ reverse proxy apache server where we have define fwrules from DMZ url is redirect to External Irec node and from ext irec to internal node(xxx.com).

https:// irec.xyz.com/OA_HTML/IrcVisitor.jsp

Upto this point it is working perfectlly, one Business Group is able to access irec node with above url.

Now, we need to configure one more irec node for Business Group 2 for abc.com

Can i add one more external application server and dmz reverse proxy server and configure for abc.com by following same steps as i did for BS1. Will this work?

i checked profile option IRC:External Framework Agent, which is pointing to https://irec.xyz.com:443 at Site level.

This profile option can take only one entry at site level, so how i can define this profile option for Business group 2 for abc.com

Please advice can we keep this profile option empty if we configure two irec nodes within one environment.

Looking for your suggest and advice.

Regards,
AKhan

Re: IREC setup withing DMZ

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Application Framework Agent profile option value is set to the internal web server URL. No issues with that.
According to the ref: Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Configuration in a DMZ (Doc ID 380490.1), you may have 2 external nodes if you want to..
And for that profile;

the definition is as follows;

Identifies the URL of your external web server. If you use a different server for external candidates to access the job details, then enter the external server name as the value for this profile option in this format:
iRecruitment uses the external server URL in e-mails to external candidates and in the links for the job posting documents to the third-party recruiting sites.

To set these kinds of profile for these kinds of needs of yours, please see Hierarchy Types...

User Profiles and Profile Options in Oracle Application Object Library -> Hierarchy Types

Re: IREC setup withing DMZ

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Important note -> Don't use "http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.114.s1.nabble.com/"
That url is pointing to the old forum, to the archive.
Use the correct forum link, when asking your questions..

The correct link is ->

http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.124.s1.nabble.com

Re: IREC setup withing DMZ

akhan
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will use new link from next time when i open a new post.

I wanted to ask you, can i use two external node for irecruitment for different Business group.

1 - Internal node —— https://erp.xxx.com
1 - External node for BG1 —- https://irec.xyz.com
1 - External node for BG2 —- https://irec.abc.com

if this is the case then which profile value i should use for this profile IRC:External Framework Agent.

Currently, i have one internal node and one external node for BG1, and profile value is set to IRC:External Framework Agent: https://irec.xyz.com:443

now if i add one more external node for BG2, how i can define this profile option IRC:External Framework Agent for BG2.

i can point to only one node as external. i hope you understand my question.

Re: IREC setup withing DMZ

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Sorry. we can't continue from here.
*Please open a new thread and copy&paste all your updates, that you placed here, to there.

go -> http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.124.s1.nabble.com/
and create a new issue under the EBS 12.2 category.