Execute on package r12.2

satish
Dear erman,

Our version 12.2.5

We have provided execute privilege on package to a user.He said he is getting below error.

Used below statement to grant execute on package

exec AD_ZD.grant_privs('EXECUTE','AP_INVOICES_PKG','XXOBIEE');

ERROR faced by user:

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-06512: at "APPS.AP_INVOICES_UTILITY_PKG", line 615
ORA-06512: at "APPS.AP_INVOICES_PKG", line 2364
00942. 00000 - "table or view does not exist"
*Cause: *Action:

Are we missing something here.Please let us know

Thanks,
Sg

Re: Execute on package r12.2

satish
Hi erman,

User is unable to call the functions of this package in another package and ended up with above error.

Is this normal behaviour or are we missing anything?

Thanks

Re: Execute on package r12.2

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
grant select privilege for the table accessed in line 615 of APPS.AP_INVOICES_UTILITY_PKG and retry.

Some ref: An Example to Show One Cause of a "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" Error Within a Stored Procedure (Doc ID 391068.1)