Cutover failed after jdk upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Hi Support,

I have followed note ID 1530033.1 for upgrading java on my EBS version 12.2.7. After upgrading java to 7u411 as per the note ID 1530033.1 the cutover failed with below error message. Need your support in fixing the issue.

$ adop phase=cutover

Enter the APPS password:
Enter the EBS_SYSTEM password:
Enter the WLSADMIN password:

Validating credentials.

Warning: WebLogic Admin Server is not running.

Trying to start Admin Server.

You are running adadminsrvctl.sh version 120.10.12020000.11

Starting WLS Admin Server...
Refer /u02/applmgr/fs2/inst/apps/R1227_1227demo/logs/appl/admin/log/adadminsrvctl.txt for details

AdminServer logs are located at /u02/applmgr/fs2/FMW_Home/user_projects/domains/EBS_domain/servers/AdminServer/logs

adadminsrvctl.sh: exiting with status 1

=======

$ cd /u02/applmgr/fs2/FMW_Home/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager/nmHome1

$ vi nodemanager.log

<Feb 8, 2024 11:54:24 PM> <INFO> <Loading domains file: /u02/applmgr/fs2/FMW_Home/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager/nmHome1/nodemanager.domains>
<Feb 8, 2024 11:54:24 PM> <INFO> <Loaded node manager configuration properties from '/u02/applmgr/fs2/FMW_Home/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager/nmHome1/nodemanager.properties'>
<Feb 8, 2024 11:54:24 PM> <SEVERE> <Fatal error in node manager server>
java.lang.InternalError: Could not initialize node manager encryption service
        at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Encryptor.initService(Encryptor.java:144)
        at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Encryptor.<init>(Encryptor.java:87)
        at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Upgrader.upgradeConfigProperties(Upgrader.java:141)
        at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Upgrader.upgrade(Upgrader.java:42)
        at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Upgrader.upgrade(Upgrader.java:34)
        at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.<init>(NMServer.java:159)
        at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.main(NMServer.java:380)
        at weblogic.NodeManager.main(NodeManager.java:31)
Caused by: weblogic.security.internal.encryption.EncryptionServiceException: weblogic.security.internal.encryption.EncryptionServiceException: weblogic.security.internal.encryption.EncryptionServiceException: [Security:090219]Error decrypting Secret Key java.lang.SecurityException: The provider self-integrity check failed.
        at weblogic.security.internal.encryption.JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.<init>(JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.java:344)
        at weblogic.security.internal.encryption.JSafeEncryptionServiceFactory.getEncryptionService(JSafeEncryptionServiceFactory.java:23)
        at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Encryptor.initService(Encryptor.java:126)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: weblogic.security.internal.encryption.EncryptionServiceException: weblogic.security.internal.encryption.EncryptionServiceException: [Security:090219]Error decrypting Secret Key java.lang.SecurityException: The provider self-integrity check failed.
        at weblogic.security.internal.encryption.JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.createCiphers(JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.java:423)
        at weblogic.security.internal.encryption.JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.create3DESKeyContext(JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.java:362)
        at weblogic.security.internal.encryption.JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.<init>(JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.java:334)
        ... 9 more
Caused by: weblogic.security.internal.encryption.EncryptionServiceException: [Security:090219]Error decrypting Secret Key java.lang.SecurityException: The provider self-integrity check failed.
        at weblogic.security.internal.encryption.JSafeSecretKeyEncryptor.decryptSecretKey(JSafeSecretKeyEncryptor.java:116)
        at weblogic.security.internal.encryption.JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.createCiphers(JSafeEncryptionServiceImpl.java:398)
        ... 11 more

Re: Cutover failed after jdk upgrade

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
This error seems related with the java upgrade. You also mentioned that the issue appeared after the java upgrade.
Please revisit the note 1530033.1 and review the actions that you took for upgrading java in the first place. This is probably due to a wrong move or a missing action related with java upgrade tasks.
At the moment, your issue is generic.
Narrow down the scope / reduce the size of the space of possible causes and then update me.

Re: Cutover failed after jdk upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Hi Support,

Thanks for the response and advice.

I have followed the steps exactly that mentioned on the note id 1530033.1 to apply latest jdk 7 update 411. The autoconfig and forms and reports compilations completing successfully. but when starting weblogic admin server it fails with node manager failure with the error message that i posted in my previous thread.

I am not getting this error when i use "1.7.0_85"  but getting when using "1.7.0_411" which is the latest jdk that oracle advised to use for 12.2 as per note 1530033.1.

have you or anybody upgraded 12.2 ebs with java  "1.7.0_411" version  ?

what is your advise on the below oracle note which includes error stack similar to what i am facing.

WebLogic 12.1.2 Installation Fails with the Error "java.lang.SecurityException: The provider self-integrity check failed." (Doc ID 2922780.1)

Can you tell me which jdk i should use/download? please tell me the patch number of the jdk that i should download and try.

awaiting for your earnest response/advice.

Thanks,
Karthik

Re: Cutover failed after jdk upgrade

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Okay.. This may be related with the java version, then.
What about jdk update 351? Can you reproduce the issue with that version as well?

I m telling you this, because the version 1.7.0_411 is the latest version of jdk 7 and it is restricted.( Oracle provides this restricted binary with and for the sole purpose of running some Oracle products.)..  -- although this should not be an issue for you, it may be a reason.. ( it is jdk's latest and it is restricted)..
Actually; using this restricted releases are okay with EBS, but still.... Lets try with jdk update 351 and update me. pls.

Re: Cutover failed after jdk upgrade

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Important note -> Don't use "http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.114.s1.nabble.com/"
That url is pointing to the old forum, to the archive.
Use the correct forum link, when asking your questions..

The correct link is ->

http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.124.s1.nabble.com