Connection is long

big

Connection is long

big
Hi,
On R12.2.4, DB 11.2.0.4 on AIX

It takes 2 or 3 minutes to connect after entering login/password on first page.

I don't know where to investigate.

Thanks for help.

Re: Connection is long

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
You may use kill -3 ..

Just execute kill -3 in the OS, while waiting for the login to complete would show you the thread dump... You may check what the login flow is waiting..

Here is a documented issue for AIX login ->
If you see the login is waiting for getLocalHost java call ; you may use the following workaround ( for the oacore jvm);

Set ->
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

or Set ->
-Dcom.<DOMAIN>.cacheLocalHost=true

If you need more investigation, check -> 12.2 E-Business Suite Slow Performance Navigating Through (OA Framework) Web Pages (Doc ID 1967444.1)

Also you can check the database during the login.. you may check if there is a long running query executed from the login code and then you analyze the query and take corrective action accordingly.. ( according to the query... stats gathering, purging stuff and so on)
big

Re: Connection is long

big
Thanks.
Where should I Execute kill -3 ?

On application AIX server?

I'm talking about loging from hhtps page.

Best regards.

Re: Connection is long

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
You got to use that command with the oacore's pid.. Note that, that move will affect oacore.
If you don't want to do that, just apply the workaround that I gave you and retry..  That kill -3 is just for seeing the stack, not for the solution.. The workarounds can be used if they are applicable in your case, so you may directly try one of them..
big

Re: Connection is long

big
Thank you.

Before applying the work arrounds,
How to verify the current value of :
Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack

and
Dcom.<DOMAIN>.cacheLocalHost

Is
 Set ->
-Dcom.<DOMAIN>.cacheLocalHost=true

The exact syntaxe?

Best regards.

Re: Connection is long

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Check the conf file to see the current value.. If there is no argument like the ones given in the workaround, then you can assume that the current values are the default ones.. Default values for those parameters..
big

Re: Connection is long

big
Thanks.

which conf file ? Oacore conf file?

Regards.

Re: Connection is long

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Yes

9 Haz 2021 Çar 20:21 tarihinde big [via Erman Arslan's Oracle Forum] <[hidden email]> şunu yazdı:
Thanks.

which conf file ? Oacore conf file?

Regards.

http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.2340467.n4.nabble.com/Connection-is-long-tp9848p9866.html
To start a new topic under EBS 12.2, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Erman Arslan's Oracle Forum, click here.
NAML
big

Re: Connection is long

big
Thanks Erman.
I couldn't find something like oacore.conf.
Can you be kind and give me the exact name and location?
Or should I go like this:

a. Login to the WLS console managing the EBS domain:
b. Select Lock and Edit to open for change.
c. Select Environment--> Servers--> oacore_server<X> then the Configuration > Server Start.
d. Navigate to the Arguments section.
e. After the ... -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m... settings add the following to force the JBO logger to SEVERE level (it is currently DEBUG level)
-Djbo.adflogger.level=SEVERE
f. Save the changes and "Activate Changes".
g. Stop the oacore_server<X> with the AD script.
h. Backup and delete the current logs files for the oacore_server<X> to have a fresh start ($EBS_DOMAIN/servers/oacore_server<X>/logs.
i. Start the oacore_server<X> with the AD script.

Regards.

Re: Connection is long

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Okay.. Right. you re on 12.2, then your approach is correct.. Do it from the WLS console.. Server Start arguments..
big

Re: Connection is long

big
Thanks.