Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

karthikmca.bhc
Hi Erman

Concurrent requests completing with error. application startup script completed with 0 errors but when running sample request "Active Users" it completes with error.

Please find attached screenshot for reference

Let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
What is written in the log file of these Active Users concurrent requests?

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

karthikmca.bhc
Application Object Library: Version : 12.0.0

Copyright (c) 1979, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

FNDSCURS module: Active Users

Current system time is 19-OCT-2017 20:17:48

+-----------------------------
| Starting concurrent program execution...
+-----------------------------

 APPLLCSP Environment Variable set to :

 Current NLS_LANG and NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS Environment Variables are :
American_America.AL32UTF8

'.,'

stat_low = B
stat_high = 0
emsg:was terminated by signal 11

Program was terminated by signal 11
Concurrent Manager encountered an error while running Oracle*Report for your concurrent request 466731.

Review your concurrent request log and/or report output file for more detailed information.

No completion options were requested.

Output file size:

Concurrent request completed
Current system time is 19-OCT-2017 20:17:48

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
When did this issue start? After  cloning?, after changing db charset ? or what?
Is the output of Active users configured to be PDF?
Did you try after relinking reports?

Reports relinking:

cd $ORACLE_HOME/reports/lib32
Note: if this directory does not exist:
cd $ORACLE_HOME/reports/lib
$ make -f ins_reports.mk install

RWRUN emsg:was terminated by Signal 7 or 11 after Linux OS package updates (Doc ID 2298679.1)
PDF Reports Fail With Program Was Terminated By Signal 11 (Doc ID 396336.1)

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

karthikmca.bhc
Hi Erman,

Yes the issue start occurring after applying security vulnerability rpm's for the below vulnerabilities using yum.

Updated packages that correspond to a CVE and ELSA vulnerabilities by below command:

 # yum update --cve CVE-2014-6271
# yum update --cve CVE-2012-7169
# yum update --cve CVE-2012-6277
# yum update --cve CVE-2012-6278
# yum update --cve CVE-2012-7186
# yum update --cve CVE-2012-7187
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2014-0917
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2014-1293
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2014-1306
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2015-0092
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2015-0251
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2016-0175
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2016-0370
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2016-0612
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2016-0611
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2017-1100
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2017-1267
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2017-1268
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2017-1382
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2017-1364
# yum update --advisory ELSA-2017-3580

Hope the note and the workaround you provided will resolve the issue.

I will let you know after applying your fix.

Regards
Karthik

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

karthikmca.bhc
Hi Erman,

As per note i have upgraded java to latest version. and regenerated forms and reports. when i open any forms its erroring out.

Please find attached error form screenshot and advise me know for a fix.

Thanks

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

karthikmca.bhc
Erman

As per note "Note 1467892.1 "Using JDK 7.0 Latest Update with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 and 12.1" I have updated the latest JDK and  regerated the forms and reports but still the concurrent requests completing with error with same error msg in the log.

APPLLCSP Environment Variable set to :

 Current NLS_LANG and NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS Environment Variables are :
American_America.AL32UTF8

'.,'

stat_low = B
stat_high = 0
emsg:was terminated by signal 11
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Xss2M

Program was terminated by signal 11
Concurrent Manager encountered an error while running Oracle*Report for your concurrent request 467866.

Review your concurrent request log and/or report output file for more detailed information.

Please advice for a fix.

Thanks

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
What is your exact problem? Forms screens or Concurrents?
If you have a forms problem, open a new issue for this!
If you have concurrent problem, then ok.. Continue from this one..

Please answer my questions (that I asked you earlier)
"Enumarete your answers"

1)
When did this issue start? After  cloning?, after changing db charset ? or what?

2)
Is the output of Active users configured to be PDF?

3)
Did you try after relinking reports?

Reports relinking:

cd $ORACLE_HOME/reports/lib32
Note: if this directory does not exist:
cd $ORACLE_HOME/reports/lib
$ make -f ins_reports.mk install

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

karthikmca.bhc
Hi Erman,

Thanks a lot for your help. this issue related to concurrent problem.

1) When did this issue start? After  cloning?, after changing db charset ? or what?
The problem started occurring after installing vulnerability(security) rpms on the server.

2) Is the output of Active users configured to be PDF?
Yes

3)
Did you try after relinking reports?
Yes I tried relinking the reports as you advised.

The issue got resolved today after upgrading java to the higher version followed by running relink for forms and reports and the system tablespace was running with low space and I have added 10gig datafile to it.  After these three tasks I have run autoconfig on database and apps tiers and then started the application. submited the concurrent request and that got completed successfully.

Your guldens helped me to solved this issue. Thanks for your quick advise and knowledge sharing to troubleshoot the issues and fixing the same in short span of time.

Thanks Erman.

Re: Concurrent requests completing with ERROR

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
so, we adressed it with the note earlier-> RWRUN emsg:was terminated by Signal 7 or 11 after Linux OS package updates (Doc ID 2298679.1)

The issue seems to be caused by Linux kernel and Java incompatability, as stated in above document.

As far as I see, the solution provided in the document, was the solution for your case as well.

Good for you Karthikmca.
Thanks for sharing.