Changing domain name in r12.2 multinode

satish
Dear erman,

We have a requirement to change only domain name in our environment.

Architecture:

2 node shared application tier with pcp
2 node rac,non shared homes
Apps version R12.2.5
DB version 12.1.0.2

We have load balancer in front of these apps nodes.
Can u pls provide some reference to change domain name alone in both dB node and apps nodes.

Thank You

Re: Changing domain name in r12.2 multinode

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Domain is closely related with the hostname.. It is a crucial part of the FQDN.
So, it requires a little effort..
Either you can do the logical hostname trick or you can go with the preclone+postclone process.

Check -> Configuring Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.x Using Logical Host Names (Doc ID 1968231.1)

Section 6.2.1: Changing Host Name of Database Tier Node
Section 6.2.2: Changing Host Name of Primary Application Tier Node
Section 6.2.3: Changing Host Name of Secondary Application Tier Node

If you are considering changing the domain name of load balancer url , you should make the necessary changes in the apps tier Context file and execute autoconfig.(by following the Load Balancer related Mos documentation) -> Note.1375686.1 -  Using Load-Balancers with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2

Re: Changing domain name in r12.2 multinode

satish
Hi erman,

Thank you..

Our load balancer url : http://erp.xyz.com
Appsnode1 erpnode1.xyz.com
Appsnode2 erpnode2.xyz.com

The reason for domain change is that this xyz.com is owned by some other third party and there is certificcate issue.Inorder to enable ssl, we are going to change the domain name and get certificates for it.

1)So in this case,do we need to change the domain name for all 2 nodes and load balancer?

After the change,

2)when user enter http://erp.xyz.com, will this redirect to https://erp.newsdomain.com?

3)when user enter https://erp.newsdomain.com,will this work?

Thanks for all the support.

Re: Changing domain name in r12.2 multinode

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
If you enabled SSL on EBS level too ( in addition to the load balancer.. in addition to the ssl offloading) then yes, you need to change the apps nodes as well.

10 Haz 2021 Per 12:45 tarihinde satish [via Erman Arslan's Oracle Forum] <[hidden email]> şunu yazdı:
Hi erman,

Thank you..

Our load balancer url : http://erp.xyz.com
Appsnode1 erpnode1.xyz.com
Appsnode2 erpnode2.xyz.com

The reason for domain change is that this xyz.com is owned by some other third party and there is certificcate issue.Inorder to enable ssl, we are going to change the domain name and get certificates for it.

1)So in this case,do we need to change the domain name for all 2 nodes and load balancer?

After the change,

2)when user enter http://erp.xyz.com, will this redirect to https://erp.newsdomain.com?

3)when user enter https://erp.newsdomain.com,will this work?

Thanks for all the support.

http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.2340467.n4.nabble.com/Changing-domain-name-in-r12-2-multinode-tp9868p9871.html
To start a new topic under EBS 12.2, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Erman Arslan's Oracle Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Changing domain name in r12.2 multinode

satish
Do we need to change the hostname at operating system before we start to change in database and application?

Re: Changing domain name in r12.2 multinode

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
If you want to change the hostname of an EBS instance, you have to shutdown the services ( if you are also changing the db hostname, you also shutdown the db), then you make the change on OS and then you do the EBS related configurations and make EBS configured with the new hostname/hostnames.. Lastly, you startup the services.